Danger Beasts (危険種, kikenshu, lit. "danger species"), sometimes also referred to as Risk Species, are fearsome creatures in the world of Akame Ga Kill!, Tatsumi Ga Kill!, Tatsumi Ga Shinryaku!, Ordo Ga Kill!, and Supreme Order Ga Kill!. They are extremely hostile and will attack any human and other beings who dares to wander into their territory.
Some Danger Beasts' body parts have been used in the production of Teigu, Shingu, Meihou, and Jigu, utilizing the unique qualities the Danger Beast had in life to imbue a piece of equipment with powers. Notable examples include Demon's Extract, which used the blood of a rare Danger Beast able to manipulate Ice, Incursio's invisibility from the Tyrant's natural defense or Cross Tail, whose threads are made from the fur of a Super-Class Danger Beast.
Originally, the most powerful Danger Beasts are categorized as "Super Class." These beasts are known to be extremely dangerous. It is unknown which criteria need to be fulfilled by a Danger Beast to be placed into the "Super Class." It can be assumed that "Super Class" Danger Beasts are very rare and many were killed because of the threat they pose.
Danger Beasts belonging to the "World Ender Class" are currently the most powerful and over dangerous. The threat they posed are notable, as the class name suggests; World Ender; meaning, Beasts capable of bringing the end of the world.
Danger Beasts can also be created artificially. While the details of this process are unknown, Dr. Stylish was known to conduct experiments which resulted in the creation of a new species of Danger Beasts. These new beasts were noted to have a humanoid look. Another case of relations between humans and Danger Beasts is the mixed heritage of The Path of Peace's leader. He apparently receives unique abilities from his Danger Beast heritage, while looking like an ordinary human. The details of his birth, however, are unknown.
Those who own the blood of Danger Beasts through heritage can receive a special trait. Yomihime, for example, has a Danger Beast's blood running in her veins. This allows her to use fire, albeit unlike The Path of Peace's leader, she was unable to master it completely. While the Lord can foresee the future and heal others, Yomihime can use fire.
It is also possible to obtain superhuman abilities by eating certain kinds of Danger Beasts, as the Four Rakshasa Demons gained the ability to unnaturally manipulate their bodies by consuming a type of Danger Beast known as a Lake Kraken.
There are also those who are capable of taming and controlling Danger Beasts through the use of techniques or Teigu; Merraid Oarburgh being a good example. It goes the same with Jigu.
Danger Beasts in some countries have different names to refer to them, in the continent of Wakoku, the Nations within like the Soukai Nation, refer to Danger Beasts as Freaks and are generally regarded with disdain and fear by the local populace, who, unlike their counterparts in the East, still have not yet developed methods on how to train and domesticate Freaks for their own personal uses. However, the 22 nations have instead managed to developed advanced smithing techniques that allow them to create powerful weapons called Meihou from the Freaks' bodies to create weapons that retain the particular powers of the beasts used to make them.
The Danger Beasts/Freaks can be consumed if there are capable chefs of processing it correctly. It is said that certain Danger Beasts are capable of enhancing those who consume them either strength or resistances. One of the example is Enji that captures the Mermaid, a Danger Beast that Zuou looks for in order to extend his lifespan, was processed into a sashimi size, enough for the entire class to consume it and Zuou often uses a captured Danger Beast as a part of the meal.
Classes of Danger Beasts
Danger Beasts are divided into Main 10 classes, based on the level of the danger threats they posed:
- Class 4
- Class 3
- Class 2
- Class 1
- Special Class
- Super Class
- Ultra Class
- Ultimate Class
- Apocalyptic Class
- World Ender Class
- "Class 4" being the weakest and "World Ender Class" the strongest.
Danger Beasts can also be included multiple in Characteristic sub-classes, based on the same features of traits:
- Adapting Class
Classified Dangerous Beasts
- Dire Wolf - Animalistic, Terrestrial
- Gifnora Dog
- Marg Panther Cub - Animalistic, Terrestrial
- Flying Death - Aerial
- Jackaleo - Animalistic, Terrestrial
- Land Tiger - Animalistic, Terrestrial
- Loup Garou - Terrestrial
- Marg Falcon - Aerial. Animalistic
- Marg Condor
- Stone Beast
- Tree Beast - Botanical, Terrestrial
- Earth Dragon - Draconic, Human-Outsize, Terrestrial
- Marg Don - Dinosaur, Pack, Terrestrial
- Minotaurian - Humanoid
- Ningen-o-Hanron - Humanoid
- Titanoboa - Animalistic, Aquatic, Human-Outsize, Prehistoric, Terrestrial, Reptilian
- Tyrannosaurus Rex - Dinosaur, Human-Outsize, Prehistoric, Terrestrial
- Air Manta - Aerial, Aquatic, Animalistic, Tameable
- Apeman - Animalisitc, Humanoid
- Evil Bird - Aerial
- Golem - Humanoid
- Hell Jurassic - Dinosaur, Pack, Terrestrial
- Kaiser Frog - Alpha, Amphibian. Animalisitc, Human-Outsize
- The Lord
- Azure Phoenix - Aerial, Mythical
- Death Tourer
- Death Tagool - Dinosaur, Humanoid, Terrestrial, Undead
- Dragorgon - Draconic, Humanoid
- Gigators - Aquatic, Animalistic, Human-Outsize, Terrestrial
- Megalodon - Animalistic, Aquatic, Human-Outsize, Prehistoric
- Tyrant - Aerial, Adapting Class, Alpha, Animalistic, Aquatic, Draconic, Endling, Human-Outsize, Terrestrial
- Sandworm - Gargantuan, Terrestrial
- Sea Kraken - Aquatic, Gargantuan, Mythical
- Sea Leviathan
- Unnamed Danger Beast whose fur was used to make Cross Tail's threads - Aerial, Gargantuan, Serpentine
- Aqualossus - Aquatic, Gargantuan
- Bewilder Beast - Aquatic, Gargantuan
- Neverlight - Aerial, Human-Oversize
- Nga Mea Taaroa
- Sky Shrieker
- Nightmare Walker
- Wandering Reaper
- Zhutkiy Sneg
- Death Beast Royalist
- Nightmare Luster - Gargantuan
- Tsoh Malikir
World Ender Class
- Ananta Shesha - Aquatic, Animalistic, Gargantuan, Serpentine, Prehistoric
- Niggurath-Hrii - Demonic, Divine, Humanoid, Non-Earthborn, Size-Shifter
- Scorning Night
- Solarling - Gargantuan
Unclassified Danger Beasts
Here is a list of Danger beasts that their classification is currently unknown, rather they were shown or only mentioned in the series.
- Abyssling - Divine, Humanoid, Non-Earthborn
- Giant Centipede
- King Gappi
- Lake Kraken
- Modified Hazardous Beast - Humanoid, Mechanic, Terrestrial
- Soil Spider
Known individual Danger Beasts
- Kurome's Apeman
- Kurome's Kaiser Frog
- Kurome's Death Tagool
- Incursio's Tyrant
- Night Raid's Air Manta
- Team Stylish's Dr. Stylish's ultimate form
- Wild Hunt's Cosmina
- Vincens's Leviathan
- Penumbra Ordo's Karathen
- An unnamed Dragon Danger Beast whose fur was used to make Cross Tail's threads
Human-Danger Beast Hybrids
Its been confirmed that certain Danger Beasts species are capable of breeding with humans, producing Danger Beast Human Hybrids. Resulting in such children having inherited several unique abilities from their Danger Beast parent.